Monday, June 27, 2011

useful scraps!!!

Hi everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend that was full of crafting and spending time with family.  I had a pretty good one. On Saturday my hubby had to work so I worked in my craft area and tired to help my overflowing scrap pile! * You know what I'm talking about* I am sure that you have one too. Scraps seem to be everywhere you turn, they are all over the desk in the floor, * I think they multiply overnight sometimes*
I have been trying to use up my scraps lately and they have gotten more manageable. I had tried the scrap basket. It went from small wicker basket to laundry basket, I had to do something. What I did was take an old file box and I labeled the dividers and that was working but They just keep growing, and growing; soon the lid was popping off and it wouldn't close, I could never find the right color or the folder for that matter. AND THEN Just like a light switched on I decided that I would take those useless scraps and turn them into things of beauty, and something that I could actually use.

I just grabbed Create a critter and I started flipping through and I decided to cut out not really the animals but some of the other elements.

I cut the all at 3 1/2" because that seems to be the size that I go to a lot for my cards and such.

It really helped use up some of my scraps and now I have these cute little elements to use on my card. they are much easier to store.













So what I decided to do from now on when I have scraps is I have a large Ziploc baggy that I place them in until I get them sorted and I do that at the end of each day. That way when I get ready to craft the next day, my desk is clean and I am not so bogged down.





It seems to be working so far. You may be asking what size scraps I keep well it really depends on the paper. if it is something that I could use as a border then I might keep it but Usually nothing smaller than 3" That kinda keeps all the little scraps down.


I hope that this might help some of you and please share you scrap organizing ideas if you may have something that is working for you.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful Monday!

1 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I have a 12x12 box full of scraps that I need to do something with so bad. Thanks for the tip.

    Natasha
    craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!