Monday, December 20, 2010

My Favorite Christmas memory and mug card for mom

Hello Everyone!
I hope that you are all doing well and ready for Christmas. I still have a few things to get and I need to make about 10(maybe a few extra for unexpected visitor) treat bags for the kids on my husbands side of the family. 


I love Christmas and spending time with my family. 
 My favorite part of Christmas is Christmas Eve, since I was little my parents always had a little celebration with me and my sister, we would make lasagna and have yummy snacks like sausage balls and cheese ball and crackers, and cookies and homemade candy. We were always allowed to open one present(sometimes more) and it was just a great time spending it together, because Christmas was always so busy with going to my grandmothers house which was 2 hours away.  That has been our family tradition all my life, now that my sister and I are older and have our own families it is still a great time for just us to be together, but we added a few more people. I think the most remembered Christmas Eve was in 1998. I was 18 years old and had lost my daddy earlier that year. It was a really hard time being the first Christmas without him. My sister has 3, now older, children but she packed them up with all the presents and came and spent the night with me and my mom. We shared stories about my dad and had our usual dinner. I remember how special it was for all of us being together, and having my little nieces and nephew there somehow helped ease the pain that we were all feeling that Christmas morning. I hope that you all take the time to spend a few minutes this Christmas with the ones that mean the most to you, make sure that you let them know how much you love them and appreciate them. 
What traditions do your families have?
What is your favorite part about Christmas?
Here is my Christmas tree
I love how the lights blurred in this picture, seems magical


Okay sorry about such a long post but I really wanted to share that with you all!
Now to the fun part:
My Mom is my rock and my best friend, I love her so much and she has done so much for me that I thought I would make her a special little card to let her know,

Here is what I did
I welded a up together using scal2
and made the wording as well

I added a pull out for the little note and for the ribbon I sandwiched a piece of ribbon between 2 pieces of card stock.

Added some glitter and a ribbon to the handle of the mug!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!
~SARAH

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful story and a gorgeous card! Holidays can be difficult when we have losses in the family, but I think being together and celebrating the good times does so much more for everyone that dwelling on the pain. Thank you for sharing your touching memory with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just blogging around this evening and found your blog. I just love your tree and yes, it does look majical. Thanks for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeee your tree and that card is gorgeous! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for the visit to my blog!! I appreciate it!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!