Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Post it note holder with gel pen



Our Kreative Karma

Hi Crafty Friends!
 Today is my first post as a Our Kreative Karma Design team Member. I am super excited about being part of a team with such Creative ladies that I love. If you haven’t check out the design team blog please head over there (of course after you check out my project lol), follow, and see what we are all about.

For This month it was all about our hobbies and since my is paper crafting and using my cricut, well I just could not resist making something out of paper. I decided to make a cute little post it note holder with gel pen. These make great gifts and are wonderful to have in your purse or in the car.

So here is what I did.

For the main part of the holder you will need a piece of cardstock that measures 7 ½ by 3 ¼
Score that cs at 3 ½ 3 7/8 and 4 ¼ .
Now fold all the score lines.
Next we make a cut between the 2 score line at ¾” and 1 1/8” on both sides of the base layer.
Now we are going to fold the score lines. Fold the 2 outer lines Mountain style and the center line in a valley fold. So that it looks like an M if you look at it from the side.
Now pop out the cuts that you made these are for the pen.
I like to use ½ a stack of post it notes. I add score tape to the back of them and place them on the larger section of the base.
For this card I decided to use a cherry them. I just love the look of black, red and white with Cherries. It feels “retro” to me.
For the front of the card, I added some black and white polka dot paper.


The Cherries are from the Preserves cartridge cut at 2 ½”


I added some glossy accents to the cherries to make them seem more real.
 Then after the glossy accents dried I added some rhinestones for a little bling. 


I glued the Cherries stight to the base so that there would be nothing to snag on. Then added the mini gel pen. I found these at the dollar store for a pack of 4. 




 Here is my finished post it note holder. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog  and I hope that you will go over to the Our Kreative Karma blog and follow us. We have a lot of exciting things coming your way and you wouldn't want to miss out. 

Crafty Hugs!
Sarah


7 comments:

  1. Sarah, thanks so much for the step by step directions! I love the cute cherries too! So happy you joined us at Karma!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute Idea......I love that you used the Glossy Accents.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah this is so super cute!. I love the way you added that shine to your cherries that really made them pop. I love the fact that you give instructions on how to do it!!!!

    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I'm going to have to make one!! Thanks for the great instructions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah this is so cute! Love this idea!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Love the glossy look on the cherries. TFS

    Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project....love the glossy accents!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!