Monday, January 14, 2013

"Punch art Animal" Lamb baby card


Hi Crafters! This week we were to create animals from shapes. I chose to create a cute little lamb using the Artiste and Art Philosophy cartridge. 

Here's my card, then I will tell you all about it. 
For the Lamb(sheep) I used the following cuts.

From Art Philosophy I cut the Scallop and the legs. The scallop is found on page 31 and I cut it at 2 1/1" on real dial size. The legs are cut from page 39 at 1" rds. 

From Artiste I cut the "face" shape from page 76 @ 1/2" real dial size. Would you ever guess that it is really an owl. Cool huh?





For the body I used d'vine swirls embossing folder and some chocolate ink from close to my heart. 
I then attached the "legs" to the body. 
For the face I just added some googly eyes and drew in ears and mouth with a white gel pen and then added pink chalk. 



The card base is note card size 4 by 5 1/2"
I used patterned cardstock from boys nursery stack. The Green is from my stash. 

I cut the green cs @ 3 3/4 by 5 1/4

The purple is cut at 3 1/2 by about 2 1/2



I then cut the word paper @ 2" by 3 3/4 
I then used my Martha Stewart doily lace punch and punch the boarded in green and the purple dot paper. and add 1/4 white strips of cs to cover the edges. 

I used foam tape to pop up the lamb; then stamped congratulations in chocolate ink from Close to my heart. 
Here is another peek at my card. 

Thanks for stopping by! Please see what others have made by heading over to My Cricut Craft Room. 


Crafty hugs 
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Your lamb is soo cute! I love the way you "dressed" her up with the embossing folder and ink! Great Job!

    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! I love that you used the owl for the face. So clever. Nicely done my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it did not make it up on the Blog for Erica...surprise, surprise! But your lamb is just so cute! Glad you shared it on FB! Hope you are doing well, Sarah!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lamb is adorable! I love the details in your post...Thanks for sharing!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you shared this Sarah. You did a fabulous job using shapes. How very creative of you. I am so sorry that Erica did not get this up on time but you still inspire me! Hugs~Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!