Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting Cricky simply sunday guest designer post


Happy Sunday Everyone!!!!
I hope that you are all enjoying this wonderful day that God has created for us. His creation and love is all around us. He loves everyone of you, He knows you better than your best friend, he knows your every thought and the number of hairs on your head. He is so WONDERFUL!!!! 

I am super excited today because I am guest designer at Getting Cricky Simply Sunday’s challenge. Kristal is a wonderful and caring person, she has been so wonderful to me and I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your encouragement that you have taken the time to give me. Kristal, you rock girlfriend.  Did you know that she has her own line of stamps now? In addition to her generous nature, she donates money from each sale to selected charities.  So go check out her stamps if you haven’t, they look amazing!!

Today the Challenge is called Lunchbox lovin’ meaning to make any project that features food.. What a yummy challenge.
So here is my Foodie project.






Recipe: (note I had a photo tutorial for you all but my camera decided to erase the pictures. Sorry)

I took a piece of cardboard (well actually 3 pieces) I wrapped them in duct tape to create the base.
I then added a 12 x 12 patterned paper to the top of it. Punching 2 holes in the top to run my ribbon through. I had to thread my ribbon using my scissors to get it through the tape. I tied knots in the ribbon ends and applied massive amounts of hot glue over them.

I used buttons to cover up the holes and tied small purple bows.

The Grapes are cut from preserves @ 8”.
I used devine swirls cuttlebug embossing folder on the leaves and added some green glitter glue.

I used SCAL2 to cut the words. The font is Kristen ITC

The verse is John 15: 1-4, and I printed it out and used my MS doily lace punch around the edges.

I finished the sign by adding some bling.



Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!
Sarah



12 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, what an awesome post...love it. FABULOUS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty project, Sarah!! LOVE your take on the challenge!! So wonderful to have you join us this week!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job with your guest design creation. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Getting Cricky Simply Sundays challenge. I love those grapes and your post was very uplifting.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project Sarah. I really love the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, Sarah! I love the embossing on the grape leaves.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty!! Congrats on your guest spot At Kristal's blog!! I am a new follower.
    Kristan
    sierrababy08 dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome project, Sarah! Your design is fabulous and the quote is so beautiful! I love the grapes! Great job - I love it :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Sarah,your project is really wonderful. The scripture is also wonderful. Isn't it a blessing that we don't do this on our own, that He helps us all along the way. You are a blessing Sarah. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the guest post! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah

    Have just checked out your blog and I love it all! Signed up to be your newest follower!! Sorry to hear about your cricut, that is sad!!

    Come visit me too (if you'd like to!)
    http://momentsbyshadow.blogspot.com

    Looking forward to seeing your future crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments. Happy to be your newest follower. Congrats on being a guest designer for Getting Cricky!
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogsppot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this! I'm currently trying to memorize some Psalms and put them into a mini that I carry in my purse-they're kinda long!-I love your signs, and love the message!-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!