Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!  What a wonderful day to be an American!
Thank you to all the Men and Women who have risked their lives and fought for our freedom, because they risked their lives for us we are able to have the Freedoms that others are not so lucky to have.   I am so thankful that I have the Freedom to sit here in my living room in my Pjs and write my feelings, I am thankful that I am able to worship God with out being killed. I am thankful that I can read my bible and share the word of God with others. I know that Freedom isn't free and that many have lost their lives just for our country. Yesterday at church we watched a video about how the Star spangled banner came to be a song. It was truly amazing and I don't think I will ever hear that song again without thinking about the men who died holding our flag high so that we could be a country.
I know that this is a long post but there is 2 special things I want to share with you today, the 1st is Psalms 20


Psalm 20

  For the director of music. A psalm of David.

 1 May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
   may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
   and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices
   and accept your burnt offerings.[b]
4 May he give you the desire of your heart
   and make all your plans succeed.
5 May we shout for joy over your victory
   and lift up our banners in the name of our God.
   May the LORD grant all your requests.
 6 Now this I know:
   The LORD gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
   with the victorious power of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
   but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
8 They are brought to their knees and fall,
   but we rise up and stand firm.
9 LORD, give victory to the king!
   Answer us when we call!




The second thing I want to share is "The Star Spangled Banner" I hope that you will truly listen to the words and be Thankful for the soldiers and the others that have given their lives so we may be FREE!!!



Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope that you all have a safe and wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog entry Sarah. I agree with every single word. Something you might like to do with me is, at 6PM every night my husband and I along with countless other Christians here in America pray for our land and Israel. For God's leadership, council, protection, and forgiveness. Please join us. By the way I just grabbed your button.
    Come get mine too. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!