Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WYEGW Shadow feature.

Hi Crafty friends!

Its Would you Ever Guess Wednesday over at My Cricut Craft Room.
Today we are showcasing projects using the shadow feature but not actually using the cut. Sounds a little confusing but after you see my project it will clear things up.


So here is my card and then I will give you some details about it.

Isn't it spooky! Heehe.
I just loved the way that it turned out. Ok so here is the cut sizes and page numbers that I used

From Mini Monsters Cricut Cartridge, on pg 48 (button 21) I cut the skeleton and all his layers @ 3 1/2

pg 72 (button 45) using the shift key I cut the fence @ 2 1/4"
pg 71(button 44) I used the base shadow feature key and the center cut button to cut out the tombstone.


The base of the card is a standard A2 card (5 1/2 by 4 1/4)
The glitter orange bat layer is  5 1/4 by 4
The grey layer was 1st cut at 5 by 3 3/4, Then I placed it on my cricut mat and pressed the center point button. I then moved my blade using the arrow pad to the center of my paper( well almost the center) I then selected the base shadow feature key and button 44.

I then inked around the grey paper using some memento inks in London fog, Grey Flannel and tuxedo black.

I stamped the bats and spider on to the grey paper and to make a spiders web I used some stickles.


I then assembled my card. I used my ATG gun to attach the orange paper on to the card base but for the grey paper I used score tape so that I could be sure that it wouldn't lift because of the glitter paper.

I then added some faux stitching to the fence and attached it flat on the card.

Next after assembling my little "Monster" I popped him up on foam dots and to make his bones look old I added some crackle accents to the white bones.



I love how the crackle gives great accent to the die cut.

So that is it. That's how I created my card.



Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you will head over to My Cricut Craft Room to see what my other design team sisters have made.

Hugs
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    This card is fabulous!! Love the inking and the crackle paint you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, what a wonderful card! Oh I just love all the details!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit, I am a little jealous that I didnt come up with this card! LOL LOVE IT!!

    Amy
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! You so rocked this challenge for today. The details are amazing.

    Nadja MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, So CUTE!! I love the texture you gave the skeleton! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!