Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Card Creating Tuesday with My Cricut Craft room and card sketch challenge




Hi All! Today is Card Creating Tuesday again and this weeks sketch was wonderful. I haven't always been a fan of sketches but since joining the design team I have grown to love them.
                                 


                                    Here is this weeks sketch


So for this sketch I decided to use the dress on the Sweetheart cartridge and I used Accent Essentials.

Take a look at my card then I will tell you all about it!


Sweet Heart Cartridge: Dress pg 58 cut in black pearl paper  cut @ 4.6
                                    cut layer 1 polka dot vellum.  I used my Gypsy  and hid the veil and waist part. 
                                    Top note shape: pg 74 on shift and shadow cut at 3.59 embossed with Swiss dots                             

Accent Essentials: Scallop square cut in black pearl paper @1.59
                             square cut in white @ 1.27

I wanted to keep this card simple and elegant so I used a black and white theme. The card base is a 5 by 7 card. I cut the back ground paper at 4 3/4 by 6 3/4. 

on the white squares I use a TPC Stuido stamps set. I could find  a name on it.  and then I added a small rhinestone to the corner of each. 

I just love the card this card turned out. I hope that you will all play along with the card sketch over at My Cricut Craft Room.   




* if this post seems scattered please forgive me. I had surgery on May 10th and I am still a little out of it.*


Crafty Hugs!!!!
Sarah


I am also entering this card Fantabulous cricut Challenge

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful job!! I love it
    Shelley DT sister mccr
    shelley-scrapbookingforfun.bolgspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I love your take on the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    First off I want to say I hope you are feeling better and wishing you a speedy recovery!!

    Your card is absolutely fabulous!!
    Just love the polka dot vellum.
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card... love how you used the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah this is so elegant! Hope you are feeling better, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    Blessings,
    Jamie
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    Hope you're recovering well after surgery and hope it is/was nothing too serious! Love your card. The vellum is a great idea and I really love the three little bottom panels. So very cute and unique! Great job! Thanks for joining us at FCCB. :)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant card. Love the B&W. Thanks for joining in at FCCB.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! The vellum is a wonderful addition to the dress, love it! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the vellum idea. Thanks so much for linking up with FCCB- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!